Career Certificate Programs
A/C Refrigeration and Heating Technology, Automotive Service Technology, Commercial Art Technology, Cosmetology, Electricity, Marine Services Technologies, Patient Care Technician, Professional Culinary Arts and Hospitality, Welding Technology.
Thank you for your interest in a Career Certificate Program at Fred K. Marchman Technical College. We provide student-centered learning guided by the needs of business to provide knowledge and skills necessary for today’s workforce. Below you will find important information regarding the admissions and enrollment process.
To start your journey at Marchman Technical College you will need to schedule an appointment to meet with Kim Dunn, Admissions Advisor/Career Specialist. This is an important step in our application process. It is an opportunity for us to get to know you and your goals. During this meeting we will provide you with information about our programs and school so you can make an informed decision before committing to Marchman Technical College. During this time we will also help you identify the right program for you to help you reach your goals. The meeting also provides an opportunity for you to get answers to all of your important questions before you apply and enroll. Contact Ms. Dunn at 727-774-1703 to schedule this important meeting.
- Prior to your appointment, you may want to complete the Careers Interest & Confidence Inventory. (Access directions here for navigating My Career Shines.)
- Email a copy of your high school or GED transcript to Kim Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not a graduate from Pasco County Schools. (Highly Recommended) Transcripts from international institutions will be reviewed for enrollment if the official transcript is in a language other than English and is accompanied by a certified English translation and evaluation by an accredited evaluation service.
Click here to make your $25 application fee online (plus $1 processing fee) and then complete the Online Application, including college essay questions.
All applicants are required to submit four short essay questions as part of their application. Applicants are admitted or denied admission to the program based on their answer to these questions. These essay questions are reviewed by an admissions committee composed of instructors & student services staff. The responses should be complete short essays. The most effective responses typically are 5 – 8 sentences. Longer or shorter responses are acceptable. The admissions committee looks for the following criteria when scoring essays.
- Purpose: The college essay indicates that the student has set clear academic and career goals for the future.
- Achievement of Career Goals: The college essay indicates that the student understands how MTC can help him/her achieve career goals.
- Workforce Readiness: The college essay clearly indicates that the student has a great probability of success in the workforce.
- Student is Seeking Employment in Industry of Program: The college essay clearly indicates that the student is seeking employment in the industry of the program.
Note: Students can have points added to their score based on academic performance.
Submit the following documents to complete the application process
- High School Diploma or GED Transcript to Kim Dunn via email at email@example.com (if not already submitted)
Admission Interview either in person or virtual (this step is required for limited access programs which include Welding Technology, Applied Cybersecurity and Computer Systems & Information Technology programs)
Once the application is reviewed and approved by the admissions committee, the applicant is then required to have an interview with the program instructor and Assistant Director of Marchman Technical College. The applicant’s responses to the interview questions should reinforce that the candidate’s credentials indicate the applicant will successfully complete the program and subsequently enter the workforce in their chosen program of study. The program instructor and Assistant Director have the final authority to grant or deny admission to the program.
To officially complete the application process the following documents must be brought to orientation:
Once these steps are compete you will receive a decision letter in the mail from Fred K Marchman Technical College.
Download a copy of the enrollment checklist.
Kim Dunn, Admissions Advisor/Career Specialist
Career Certificate Programs
- Professional Culinary Arts & Hospitality
- Early Childhood Education – APPR
- Patient Care Technician
Arts, Communication & Technology
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Commercial Art Technology
- Computer Systems & Information Technology
- Digital Cinema Production