High School Programs
School Choice Window and Application Process
The School Choice Window for Wendell Krinn Techncial High School and Fred K. Marchman Technical College opens December 3-14, 2018. The application for home school students will open during that window also. Home school students will complete an application with MTC that can be found on this page on the right side menu. All other students will complete the School Choice application with Pasco County Schools.
The MTC High School Experience
9th and 10th grade students have access to one period of coursework at Marchman Technical College. 11th grade students have access to 3 periods of coursework. 12th grade students have access to 3 or more periods of coursework. For more information, check out the programs at Marchman Technical College
Technical Program Fees for High School Students
- AC/Refrigeration and Heating Technology (All Grades Fees*)
- Automotive Collision Technology (All Grades Fees*)
- Automotive Service Technology (All Grades Fees*)
- Computer Systems & Information Technology (All Grades Fees*)
- Commercial Arts (All Grades Fees*)
- Cosmetology (All Grades Fees*)
- Digital Cinema Production (All Grades Fees*)
- Electricity (All Grades Fees*)
- Marine Service Technology (All Grades Fees*)
- Professional Culinary Arts & Hospitality (All Grades Fees*)
- Welding Technology (All Grades Fees*)
Please be advised that all fee statements are updated each calendar year. If you are applying for the 2019-20 school year, you can use these fee statements for planning purposes. An official fee statement will be mailed to you during the summer of 2019.
*Note: Grade levels have different fees. Please scroll through the fees document to find the correct fee structure.
Transition Education Program (TEP) at Marchman Technical College 2020-2021 Application for Technical Programs
This process is for students with disabilities that are seeking deferment of receipt of their high school diploma via access point courses or through general education courses in order to apply for a technical program at MTC.
All students interested in applying for technical programs at Marchman Technical College (MTC) will complete the Transition Education application on the MTC website. The application process opens February 1, 2020. Applications will be reviewed for acceptance starting on March 1, 2020.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply:
- Must be in the process of working with the IEP team to schedule a meeting to discuss deferral of receipt of their high school diploma
- Anticipate meeting graduation requirements for high school diploma by the end of current school year
- IEP should include post-secondary goals (job training, career experience, etc.)
- Passed the FSAA/FSA (or received waiver)
- Displays minimal behavior issues
- Minimum absences
- 2.0 GPA
- Two letters of recommendation from counselors or teachers
- When accepted into the program of study, the IEP team will meet to discuss deferment.
- Students receiving transition services for a technical program will attend a full day program at MTC. Students who earned their diploma via access point curriculum will attend a 7th period Career Prep or like course at WKTHS.
7227 Land O’ Lakes Blvd.
Land O’ Lakes, FL 34638
As such, it is the policy of the District to provide reasonable substitutions for any person enrolled in a post-secondary vocational programs who is hearing impaired, visually impaired, dyslexic or who has a specific learning disability where failure to meet the requirements is related to the disability. In order to receive disability accommodations or substitution, qualifying students must provide documentation that clearly shows evidence of a disability to the Special Populations Coordinator for individual consideration. The Teacher of Varying Exceptionalities, Marlene Weinert can be reached at 727 774-1731.
- Pay Technical Program High School Fees
- Tampa Bay Career Pathways Consortium- Earn College Credit!
- Home School Student Application
- Transition Education Application for MTC Technical Programs- Closed (see guidelines below)
- Course Cards
Nicole Graziano, School Counselor