Computer Systems and Information Technology
The Computer Systems and Information Technology Program enables students to acquire skills and technical knowledge for entry-level employment as computer electronics technicians, or in related fields. The program content includes:
- Knowledge of computer operations
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Computer assembly
- Installation and configuration of different operating systems
- Installation and configuration of network devices
- Basic networking theory
- Basic security practices
- Basic business practices
- Customer service
- Troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware and software
- Preparation for the A+ Certification Exams
A+ Certification; provides a foundation for additional certifications in networking and security
College Credit Award
Program completers may receive articulated credit toward an aligned certificate, A.A.S. or A.S. degree program at participating institutions in the Tampa Bay Career Pathways Consortium. Details may be obtained from the Career Specialist and/or School Counselor.
Possible direct entry careers after high school: Computer repair technician, computer parts tester.
Possible careers after two years of post-secondary and/or on-the-job training: Computer service technician.
Possible careers after a four-year university degree: Network engineer, programmer, teacher, computer security analyst, network and computer system administrator.
Basic Skills Exit Requirements
TABE Math Level 10 TABE Language Level 9 TABE Reading Level 9
In order to be a program completer, some students must meet minimum math, language, and reading achievement level exit standards on the TABE, unless otherwise exempt, as established by the Florida Department of Education. Additional information can be found on Page 5 of the MTC Catalog and/or obtained from the Office for Adult Technical Education.
Business attire typical of this trade is required and will consist of long pants (no jeans), shirts with collars, and closed toe shoes. Clothing will be in compliance with Pasco County Schools dress code and will be strictly enforced.
Tools and Supplies
Tools and supplies are included in the program fees and will be distributed to students after the first week of school.
- Apply today!
- Computer Systems and Information Technology Tuition and Fees
- Computer Systems and Information Technology High School Fees
- Pay High School Computer Systems and Information Technology Fees
- Computer Systems and Information Technology Gainful Employment Disclosure
- Tampa Bay Career Pathways Consortium- Earn College Credit!
- Financial Aid
Robert Dalles, Instructor
DSBPC Vocational Certification
30+ Years In-Field Experience
Building 3, Room 03-011
Kim Dunn, Career Specialist