The GED® program offers a variety of classes that will allow us to partner with you in your educational and career goals. Upon successful completion of our GED® program you will be awarded the State of Florida High School Diploma. This diploma will enable you to transfer to many technical schools and a number of two & four-year college institutions. You must be withdrawn from high school prior to entry into this program. Payments and registration must be completed prior to classes.
The following areas are covered for the GED® test:
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
- At least 16 years of age
- Formally withdrawn from a regular high school program
- Obtain a minimum score or NRS Level 4 (550) on the D or A Level TABE
You will also have the opportunity to complete your Transition Portfolio as you plan for your future upon obtaining your State of Florida High School Diploma:
- Complete career interest survey(s)
- Be introduced to applications for scholarships and scholarship essays
- Be introduced and begin the process to file for Federal financial aid
- Complete a job application, work resume, and cover letter
- Review interview skills
- Visit a college and/or trade school and have the opportunity to take the college placement test
For more information please contact Andy Turner at 727.774.1700.
NON-REFUNDABLE TUITION is $30. You may pay by personal check (with printed address and phone number), money order or credit card. Please note there is a 3% convenience fee to pay by credit card.
Underage GED Information and Class Schedule
If you are under the age of 18 you can still earn your GED through our underage 45-day program. This program starts quarterly and follows the same process as above. Some important dates for the UAGED program are as follows:
- Quarter 4 March 23 – May 26, 2021
- Next quarter class is projected to begin Aug. 10. 2021. Check back for updates.
TBD. Check back for updates.
ABE / GED Class Schedule
As a student in the ABE / GED program at Marchman Technical College you will choose one of the class schedule times shown below.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 1:15 am
Thomas Brochu, Assistant Director
Building 1, Administration
Andrew Turner, GED Resource Teacher, Language Arts, Science & Social Studies
*Email Mr. Turner for admissions questions
Building 5, Room 05-015
Patti Jean Accaria, Language Arts
Building 5, Room 05-018
Michael Butler, Math
Building 5, Room 05-016
Cynthia Carson, Language Arts, Science & Social Studies
Building 5, Room 05-015
Thomas Moschner, Math
Building 5, Room 05-014
Lori Steele, Underage Completion Program and ESOL Academics
Building 5, Room 05-017