Underage GED Program
The Underage GED® program offers a variety of classes that will allow us to partner with you in your educational and career goals. Upon successful completion of our GED® program you will be awarded the State of Florida High School Diploma. This diploma will enable you to transfer to many technical schools and a number of two & four-year college institutions. You must be withdrawn from high school prior to entry into this program. Payments and registration must be completed prior to classes.
The following areas are covered for the GED® test:
- Social Studies
- At least 16 years of age
- Formally withdrawn from a regular high school program
- Obtain a minimum of 9.0 grade equivalent on the TABE (D or A level)
You will also have the opportunity to complete your Transition Portfolio as you plan for your future upon obtaining your State of Florida High School Diploma:
- Complete career interest survey(s)
- Be introduced to applications for scholarships and scholarship essays
- Be introduced and begin the process to file for Federal financial aid
- Complete a job application, work resume, and cover letter
- Review interview skills
- Visit a college and/or trade school and have the opportunity to take the college placement test.
Prospective students must attend a GED workshop before being permitted to schedule the TABE test. More information can be found on our GED Information page. For more information please contact Andy Turner at 727.774.1700.
NON-REFUNDABLE TUITION is $30. You may pay by personal check (with printed address and phone number), money order or credit card. Please note there is a 3% convenience fee to pay by credit card.
- Online GED Application
- Learn about our technical programs
- 2017-18 Fall Schedule Underage GED
- 2017-18 MTC Student Handbook
- 2017-18 MTC Student Code of Conduct
Lori Steele, Underage Completion Program and ESOL Academics
Building 5, Room 05-017
GED Resource Teacher
Important Dates and Deadlines
August 10, 2018: Deadline to register for 1st quarter UGED classes
August 13, 2018: First day of 1st quarter UGED classes
October 12, 2018: Deadline to register for 2nd quarter UGED classes
October 16, 2018: First day of 2nd quarter UGED classes
December 21, 2018: Deadline to register for 3rd quarter UGED classes
January 8, 2019: First day of 3rd quarter UGED classes
March 15, 2019: Deadline to register for 4th quarter UGED classes
March 26, 2019: First day of 4th quarter UGED classes