Please be aware that the GED Testing Service released a new version of the GED test on January 1, 2014.
A Florida resident, 18 years of age or older, may earn a high school diploma by passing the General Education Development (GED) test. A GED readiness assessment (TABE) and counseling are available free of charge. The new 2014 test is administered on computer only (paper test is given only as an accommodation for certain disabilities) and covers four areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Mathematical Reasoning
To access resources to familiarize yourself with the GED exam, click on the following link www.myged.com. Set up an account by using a valid email address. Access the site to view additional information and resources.
To schedule a GED® exam with our Assessment Center go to ged.com and follow the instructions.
To register, you must set up an account and have the following information available:
- a major credit card or a debit card to pay your fees online (fees may vary by testing center
- your valid government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, Florida ID Card)
- Social Security Number
You can register for either:
- Full Battery (all 4 sections: Reasoning through Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Mathematical Reasoning)
- Individual Tests (time varies by test)
- If before January 1, 2014 go to ged.fldoe.org and follow instructions.
- If after January 1, 2014 go to your myGED™ account.
Building 3, Room 03-008
Mary Deeb, Assessment Center Support
Laura Pope, Assessment Center Support
Michelle Keyser, Assessment Center Support
Allison Ascanio, Assessment Center Support